Aquaponics, a brief overview
Aquaponics is the combination of Aquaculture and Hydroponics.
- An efficient method to produce fish and plants (and food gardens)
- Easy to create (there are many ’how to’ examples available)
- For small and large spaces at a low start and run cost
- Aquaponic systems use about 1/10th of the water used to grow vegetables in the ground
- A small area aquaponics system can produce hundreds of kilos of fish and food year round!
- This is a system that requires no high impact physical demands, no weeding or fertilizers, and only uses about the same power to run a few light globes!
- You can do this in your carport, your side garden or even in the shed…..
For more information, log onto http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/guide-to-aquaponics/what-is-aquaponics/
These are made from standard water shuttles (cut and stacked)